First Mortgage Loans
BEFCU is here to assist you with all your mortgage needs.
Whether you are buying a new home or taking some cash out, wondering what loan amount you might qualify for, what loan program works best for you, what you need to provide, or just want to ask questions about the loan or home buying process, call BEFCU today.
A mortgage loan is often the largest loan anyone will ever have, especially with today’s housing prices.
And, if you are looking to do some improvements to your home but have a low rate first mortgage and don’t want to lose the rate, talk to BEFCU about a home equity line of credit (HELOC). This is a great way to keep your low rate first mortgage while having funds available any time to make some improvements or even make a quick purchase. Qualify one time and draw funds from your HELOC anytime for up to seven years—and repay what you borrow over 15 years.
Don't let rising mortgage rates and home prices chase your dreams away. BEFCU will help find a loan program that accomplishes your goal.
Check out BEFCU’s low rates, just go the APPLY button below—you will find BEFCU’s mortgage rates displayed before you enter any information.
SHOP AND COMPARE
For Riverside and San Bernardino residents, check out BEFCU’s new 5/5 ARM loan. The rate is fixed for the first five years, much lower than today’s 30 fixed rate loan.
BEFCU is your mortgage lender—great rates and
programs to help you buy the house you want.
Talk with one of our knowledgeable and friendly Member Service Representatives.
Fast approval and great service.
1st Mortgages and Refinances
Click below to Apply.
HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit)
The HELOC is back…just in time.
Want to modernize, renovate, add a room, put in a pool, redo everything outdoors, or just fix up that peeling paint, worn out roof, cracked sidewalk or patio?
Don’t fret about losing your very low interest rate just to do some of the things that improve you home.
Utilize BEFCU’s low variable interest rate HELOC. Keep your low rate first mortgage.
BEFCU’s HELOC lets you draw the amount of funds you need when you need them. Draw period is seven years; repay what you borrow over 15 years. It’s simple, easy, and quick.
To apply for your HELOC, click Apply Now!
Or, call toll free: 1-888-456-4503
How to Avoid Foreclosure
The following are suggestions to consider if you are facing the possibility of foreclosure.
There may be options available for you, which can help you avoid foreclosure. Some suggestions are:
- Do not ignore letters or telephone calls from your lender(s)
- Contact the your lender(s) immediately. (This includes Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union.)
- Contact a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency toll free at (800) 569-4287 or TTY at (800) 877-8339.
- If your loan is with Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union, please call us at (888) 456-3503 and ask for the Real Estate Loan Department.
- Consider the following possibilities if you are delinquent or otherwise in breach of your real estate loan.
- Pay the amounts past due on your account.
- If you are able to make your current monthly payments and some of the past due payments, we may be able to enter into a workout arrangement with you.
- Consider selling your property. It is possible that we may accept a short sale payoff. Again, it will depend upon a number of factors and your particular circumstances..
- Consider surrendering the property through a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Again, whether this is an option will depend upon a number of factors.
- Even if you are unable to make your full payments, please contact us so that we can explore with you any possible accommodations we can make. What, if anything, we can do for you will depend upon a number of factors.
- Whether you are eligible for any of the above options will depend on your particular circumstances. Please pull together the following documents and information and submit them to us, so that we can discuss which of the options, if any, are available given your particular circumstance. You can fax a copy of the documents you want us to consider to (951) 602-6562, email them to email@example.com, or mail them to Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union at 1200 Columbia Ave., Riverside, CA 92507.
Last two (2) tax returns. (If you have not yet filed your tax return for last year, we will also need all of your W-2s, 1099s, and 1098s.
Last to months of pay statements if you are an employee.
A profit and lost statement for the year to date if your are self employed or own any interest in the company you for which you work.
Last two (2) months of financial institution statements.
A hardship letter.
A letter signed by anyone who is going to help you make your loan payments.
An updated loan application. We will provide you a link to access the form, email it to you, or fax it to you, upon request.
Go to main navigation