Letter to Credit Card holders
Bourns Employees Federal Credit Union (BEFCU or the Credit Union) embarked on a journey last year to improve its technology so that members would have more services to select from and a better experience.
The Credit Union has almost completed this change over but we have one more transformation to make. We are moving our credit cards from a third party provider to in-house. This means you will no longer need to log into a third party system to check your credit card balances or payments. However, this change does require the Credit Union to re-issue
, a new credit card with a new credit card number to all members who have a BEFCU current credit card.
What does this mean to you as a BEFCU credit card holder.
- The Credit Union will issue you a credit card with new credit card number(s). You will be receiving your new card(s) during the week of September 26, 2022. Programing requires each cardholder to receive a unique card number.
- You will need to activate your new credit card; to activate your new card, just follow the information sent to you with your credit card.
- Your current credit card will stop working on October 09, 2022.
- You need to activate your new card on or after October 10, 2022. Use this card going forward. Your old card will no longer work.
- Member Action: If you have automatic charges tied to your current credit card, you will need to inform the merchant/vendor of the change in your card number. If you have a recurring charge that takes place between the 7th-10th of October we recommend you change cards for the charges/transactions or cancel the recurring charge and reset it once your new card is activated.
- Member Action: Any automatic payments made from a non-BEFCU financial institution to the credit card will process as normal through October 6, 2022. Any scheduled payments from a non-BEFCU financial institution after October 6th will need to be updated with your new account number and loan ID which can be found in online banking or on your October credit card statement. Payments can also be mailed to Bourns EFCU; 15445 Eighth St., Victorville, CA 92395.
- Any automatic payments withdrawn from your BEFCU account will continue as normal.
- The new credit card is contactless, it will allow you to do “Tap and Go” or you can insert the credit card into a card reader as you currently do or swipe it, if that is all the merchant allows.
- You will receive your last credit card statement with your old credit card number in September 2022.This credit card statement will have all purchases and payments from August 20, 2022 to September 18, 2022.
- You will receive your new credit card statement in October, 2022. Your new credit card statement will have all purchases and payments from September 19, 2022 to October 16, 2022. (Please note, with your new credit card statement, your member number and loan ID, will replace your card number).
- VISA online access (ezcardinfo.com) will be discontinued. To view your account transactions and statements, you will use BEFCU online banking or the My BEFCU mobile app. Member Action: Please download your statements online if you wish to record keep them. They will not be available after October 6th.
- Your rewards program will not change. ScoreCard Rewards is a robust rewards program and offers one of the best rewards programs available in the Industry. Your access to Score Card Rewards will also now be through online banking and/or My BEFCU app.
- Your interest rate will not change.
- Your due date will continue to be the 13th of each month.
As a thank you for your time and effort to assist the Credit Union in making this change successful, the Credit Union will issue all credit card holders 500 points on October 3, 2022.
If you have any questions, please call and speak to one our knowledgeable and professional Member Service staff.
Go to main navigation