SPECIAL OFFER: Refinance and get $500!
Upon approval and disbursement of your refinance loan, the primary borrower will receive a cash deposit of $500. The cash deposit will be in the form of a deposit to your BEFCU checking or savings account within 90 business days from funding date of the loan. The primary borrower must be a BEFCU member in good standing at time of deposit. Limit one cash award per borrower.
IMPORTANT: Federal student loan payments and interest are set to resume no later than June 30, 2023, pending the outcome of legal challenges to the Biden Administration’s proposed federal student loan debt cancellation measures. For details on these measures, which are strictly tied to federal student loans and have no impact on private student loans, visit studentaid.gov. Carefully consider your options before refinancing federal student loans, as they will no longer qualify for current and future federal benefits once refinanced with a private lender.
Want to Refinance your Student Loans into one easy, monthly payment?
Look at BEFCU’s Student Loan Refinance program. Low rates, loans up to 15 years. Convenient monthly payments.
Bourns EFCU Undergraduate Private Student Loans Include:
- Variable and Fixed Rate Loan
- Flexible repayment and in-school deferment options
- Easy online application and instant credit decision
- Convenient line of credit structure allows you to get funding for your entire undergraduate career with just one application.
Current rates start as low as 4.75% APR1. All loans subject to approval and restrictions may apply. We reserve the right to change rates for new applications at any time and without notice. Credit union membership and a minimum share deposit is required. Contact us for membership details.
Click here for more information. If you'd like to speak to a representative, please call 877-837-8367.
1 The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for our undergraduate private education line of credit is variable and is based on the Prime index plus a margin.
Your Interest Rate is calculated by adding the Index plus a Margin, subject to a minimum APR (Floor). The Floor rate is in effect any time the Interest Rate is below your assigned Floor rate.
- The Annual Percentage Rate is subject to increase after consummation. Your interest rate is variable and may be adjusted quarterly on each January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 (Adjustment Date) based on the Prime index as published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of the month immediately prior to the Adjustment Date (e.g., December, March, June and September). Any increase in the index may increase the APR and the amount of your monthly payment.
- Current offered rate(s) are calculated by using the Index, Margin and Floor value(s) in effect. Your specific Interest Rate, Margin, Floor, and/or credit approval depends upon the credit qualifications of the student borrower and co-borrower (if applicable). Student borrowers may apply with a creditworthy co-borrower which may result in a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate.
- The APR will not exceed 18%, or fall below the Floor rate regardless of the Index. Any increase in the Index may increase the APR and the amount of your monthly payment.
- Margin will be disclosed at account opening.
University Accounting Service (UAS) is the loan servicer for your account and provides 24/7 access to view your student loan information and make payments at www.uasecho.com. (Payments by mail should be sent to University Accounting Service, PO Box 5865, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5865.)
If you have additional questions regarding your student loan account, or are experiencing difficulties at this time and need to discuss repayment options to keep your account in good standing, please call 800-723-2210 to speak with a servicing agent.Go to main navigation